Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sunset

The other day my cousin, Brent, showed me a new technique on how to combine pictures to account for the short-comings of digital cameras. Many of you have probably taken pictures that either the sky looks beautiful and everything else is black, or the people in the picture looks great but the sky is just this non-descript white color... Well, my cousin taught me a method of combining 5 pictures (or as many as you want) to get the "perfect" shot. I have been keeping my eye open to find the perfect test to see if the technique works. The other night, as we were leaving my parents house (and to Tiona's dismay), I saw the perfect picture. The only problem was that I didn't have my camera. I stole my dad's camera and took about 14 pictures. After about 20 minutes of aligning 7 pictures and manually combining them (I don't have photoshop, which does it automatically...) I had the finished product: my first picture of a sunset that looked like what I saw. I hope you enjoy the picture!