Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

I apologize for the lateness of this post. Yes, I know my birthday was 11 days ago and you guys have all been patiently waiting to find out what we did. Well, on Friday, we woke up, opened presents and then went to fabulous Kings Island!


Kings Island is an amusement park about 45 minutes away that's much bigger and better than Lagoon. I love it! It was a beautiful day, not too hot or too humid. It wasn't too crowded so we had very nice lines:We rode some awesome rollercoasters:We did have to wait in some lines.But we got to watch people get soaked on the log flume for a while. (Mainly because Carl wanted to take pictures of the big splash.)We ended the night watching fireworks by the wannabe Eiffell Tower (I don't think that's how you spell that...)


The next day Carl went to a service project for the church at a school for the disabled. They did a lot of yard work and reshingled a couple of pavilions and did a lot of other work. He came home so dirty! I took some pictures so you could see how dirty he was.


Here's his feet. Yes, notice he's not wearing any socks. And no, he's not tan. That's the DIRT line. He was one dirty boy. We had to soak his clothes for about 6 hours in OxyClean and then bleach them. The shirt is still stained.

I have more pictures from my birthday, but blogger is being stupid right now. so this is all you get. I hope it satisfies for now.










2 comments:

Celeste said...

Ah, yes, Happy Birthday, Tona!! And I did think about you on your birthday...but we were both at work, and thought, I'll call her tonight. Then I got distracted and remembered the next day and thought, oh! i should call her. And then I got distracted again...and so on and so forth until now it's so late that if I call and say happy birthday, you'll think i really did forget, which I didn't!! So i'm just going to write a really late post on your blog and say, Happy Birthday!!

Amber said...

What a great birthday! So what are the sweet presents you got on your special day? I can't believe how long your hair is...I remember doing that exact same hairdo back when my hair was long. You look great and I'm glad you had so much fun on your day!