Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July

One of the nice things about working at a bank is that we get all the holidays off. And I really needed this three day weekend. We really didn't do anything special for the 4th. I enjoyed sleeping in a little bit and then Carl and I went out to breakfast at this yummy restaurant called First Watch. We both got 3 sourdough frenchtoast with some wheat germ sprinkled on them and powdered sugar and covered in kiwis, strawberries, and bananas. They were really yummy! And I got hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream on top and a fudge on top...I'm starting to get hungry again just thinking about it.

After that, we headed over to Colleen and Arlyn's house. Travis just bought a new game, so Carl and Travis played that most of the day while I tried to be crafty and make some hair bows for Bonnie's (my sister-in-law) baby that should be here any time. I think they turned out okay, although I used the regular sized clips instead of baby sized clips. Maybe I'll have to make her some new one's. (And Amber is the one that has any idea what I'm talking about...)

After making clips and bugging Carl and Travis, we had a very yummy dutch oven dinner. It surprised me; not a whole lot of people here know what a dutch oven is. After having to explain it everyone, I finally just told people we were having a BBQ.
Once it got dark, we went outside and started doing fireworks. Travis was our Fireworks Guy and put on quite a show. There was at least 3 houses nearby that spent a lot of money on illegal fireworks and so we had our own little show and 3 other big shows to watch. It was really cool...it had rained on and off all day and so there was a cool mist around and then smoke from the fireworks and steam coming from the grass where the fireworks got to close. It was a very good Fourth of July.
Carl Waiting for the Show to Start
Sparklers!!
Carl HAS to take a picture.
Travis put on a good show for us

Looking at the fireworks behind us. Speaking of those fireworks, Carl got a really awesome picture of them. Maybe if he's nice, he'll post it so you can see it.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Tiona! I'm so glad that I found you! Its me... Whaq! I love that you guys have a blog. They are so great to keep in touch with people. I have a blog as well, its www.dewhaq.com. I hope you are doing well!

Amber said...

you should take photos of your flowers...i want to see how they turned out!