Friday, February 27, 2009

Eavesdropping

Our neighbors upstairs like to fight. A lot. How do I know this? Because, often, we can hear them screaming various expletives at the top of their lungs at each other. Or hear her sobbing. And, like any good person would do, we promptly put in earplugs, turn on good church music, or watch a movie to drown out the noise.



Yeah, right. We actually sit there, quiet as we can be, so we can their argument. We try to figure out what they're arguing about. Is it her mom again? Or money? Is she pleading with him or kicking him out of the apartment? (We can hear her voice much louder, as it's higher-pitched.) If only one of us is in the bedroom, where we can hear them the best, we'll call the other in to listen as well. We'll comment to one another about how sad it is that they argue all the time. The other night, when I could hear the F-bomb being dropped multiple times, I was actually listening to make sure I didn't hear a slap or anything like that. If there was, I was prepared to send Carl up.

Is this horrible of us? Or would you do it as well?

5 comments:

Brittani said...

I'd totally eavesdrop!

Katie Salmond said...

We totally have done that. And we both, totally have called the police on neghbors when it was needed. Believe it or not, one of our neighbors was arrested because of the things he was saying and what we over heard. Eavesdropping happens and sometimes it is a good thing!

Craig, Toshya and Mckayla Holley said...

We would totally eavesdrop! We have and we would do it again, it's better than most TV shows! I'm excited that I found your Blog, you can check us out at www.craig-toshya.blogspot.com if you'd like!

Caleb and Shae said...

I think I would be the one eavesdropping....It's hard though. If I felt they were in danger I would call the police.

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

I remember when we lived in our 4-plex in Pleasant Grove our neigbors below us would always fight. If mike was busy studying and I was totally bored I would sit in the bathroom(thats where we could hear them best) and listen to their arguments. It was so hilarious to listen to the dumb arguments. It really made me think how dumb I probably sound when I nag mike :)