Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentine's Day

I've been waiting to blog until Carl gets the pictures of an awesome storm we had a couple of weeks ago onto my computer. I'm kind of picky about having things on my blog in the proper order. However, this hasn't happened so I'll tell you about Valentine's Day instead.

We didn't do anything special for Valentine's Day. Money is tight, so we didn't go out to dinner. Colleen offered to cook us a nice dinner and we took her up on her offer. We had a nice dinner of chocolate-covered strawberries, yummy chicken, asparagus, and a fruit salad. We also had some nice bubbly (non-alcoholic, of course!). Earlier, Carl and I and Trav and his girl went up to a chocolate store in Bellevue. It's a nice store that makes everything by hand. We all picked out some gourmet chocolates to eat. For dessert, I made some really yummy molten lava cakes. These were surprisingly simple and very rich.

Carl got me the video game Spore for Valentine's Day. I know you're all thinking, a video game? This is a game that I wanted for a really long time, but neither of our laptops could handle it. Carl built a computer for his birthday (Yes, he's a nerd) and made sure it could handle Spore. He did have to make a few modifications, such as install Vista (it just had Linux on it. Don't ask.) and a CD drive. To make a long story short, he stayed up 'til 7 in the morning making sure it worked so I could play my video game. Isn't that sweet?

In other news, I have an interview with Cincinnati Children's Hospital next week. They are ranked in the top ten nationwide for Children's Hospitals. I really hope I get the job because, well, we need money, and second, it would be nice to get some experience in a hospital. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Good luck with your interview! I hope it goes great!

Amber said...

Wow...a video game? Really? I love being surrounded by a family of nerds! (and yes, samber is included in that family of nerds) I'm glad to hear V-day was great. And good luck on the interview!