Friday, September 5, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame

Late Friday night, Carl and I went to the Reds game against the San Francisco Giants. We got tickets through the medical school so we sat by a big crowd of drunk people. It's always an adventure! Most of the group showed up about 2nd inning and left by the 7th because, as they so loudly put it "We're sick of paying $7 a beer! We're going someplace cheaper!" I kind of got the feeling they weren't there for the baseball game...

We parked across the river at our friends house and walked to the ball park. This is the view from the bridge. You can see the Great American Ball Park and some bridges going across the river.


This is taken from the same spot, but a closeup of the ball park. It's right on the river!

This is the view from our seats. The bridge you see if the one we walked across, called the "Roebling Bridge" It's a cool bridge. See the funky building with the sloped roof? Yes, it's fully built. Our friends live right next to it. The fun thing is, this picture is taken in Ohio and you're looking in Kentucky.

Okay, you could see the players much better in real life. That's just my camera's view. Unfortanely, many of the players don't wear those nice pants that make their butts look hot.


And, suprisingly, the Reds won! We got to see a grand slam in the 3 innings and a good game.
After the game, they put on an awesome fireworks show. It lasted a good 15-20 minutes with lots of fireworks.

You'll notice they're missing the "S". They randomly put up the S later on. I think they had they're firework mislabeled.


On Saturday, we bought a DVD holder because our DVD's no longer fit in our little entertainment center. And I built it all by myself! (okay, Carl helped a little bit.) And it hasn't falled down yet! These are some hair clips I made for my new baby niece. Amber wanted to see some pictures. However, I can't get the clips to work. I tried the baby clips and it won't work. Any hints, Amber?











4 comments:

~brynn~ said...

don't you just love ballgames? it looks like a bunch of fun!

mom and dad are watching james bond right now. it always reminds me of the two of you because you gave them to dad.

Amber said...

baseball games rock in real life. your flowers look great. what doesn't work on the clips?

Melissa Stringham said...

What doesnt' work on the clips? I make clips all the time and I use aligator clips. You can buy them at the drugstore but it is cheaper to buy them in bulk on ebay. I am wondering where you got the flowers? I have a hard time finding such cute flowers like the ones you used. Let me know. THanks!

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

Those clips are so cute, it makes me want a little girl! (Mike is shaking his head as I am writing this post)