Sunday, September 14, 2008

Problems with my Clips

Alrighty, when I went out to Utah in June, Amber showed me how to make these cute clips and headbands for little girls. However, I have not been able to duplicate them. These are great pictures, but they'll have to do.
The first time I made them, I used the clip on the left and it worked great. However, I thought the clip was too big for a baby's wispy hair. It would work for the headband, but when you tried to just stick it in the hair, I didn't think it would work so well.
So, the next time, I wanted a smalled clip. However, all the clips that were medium sized had stuff on them, so I bought the clip on the right. When I put the ribbon on like Amber taught me, the clip wouldn't close. I experimented with a couple of different things, but nothing worked. With all the glue, the colored plastic finally fell off the clip, so I just glued the flowers right on the clip. I thought it was okay, but all the clips fell off.

I also have some clips like these. Do you think these would work? I need some suggestions!

Melissa, I just got my flowers from Wal-mart. I take the flowers apart and find I can get some really cute ones. I've also seen cute flowers from the dollar store.

1 comment:

Melissa Stringham said...

I don't know how to use the clips in the first picture, but I love using the alligator clips in the second picture. They work really well with headbands. Also, if you line them with ribbon they will stay in a baby's hair, especially if you use a velvety ribbon. Good luck!