Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I come from a desert. It doesn't rain a whole lot in Utah. And when it does, everybody is very grateful for it. It rains so little, that I went a summer with a broken windshield wiper on my car.

That's not the case here. All it has done is rain and rain and rain and then rain some more. And when it rains, it's not just a nice little pretty rain. It pours! It comes down hard. I think there's some places were it hasn't been dry this entire spring. Definately different than last summer, when it didn't rain at all.

Colleen gave us two of her old bird feeders. She has some new ones and no longer has any place for the these ones. We put them up on Saturday and the birds absolutely love them. We have woods about 20 feet from our backdoor, so we already had a bunch of birds, but now they're everywhere. I don't know the names of them all, but we do get cardinals and mourning doves and bunch of finches. It took them about a day to finish off one feeder.

I had a horrible headache yesterday. It was bothering me at work and felt like it could turn into a migraine. When I got home, I ate some dinner, took my migraine medicine, and laid down on the couch. Well, the head just got worse. I wouldn't notice it that much if I was laying down (or is it lying down?), but when I could up, it hurt so bad I felt like I was going to pass out. Carl called up the pharmacy and asked if I could take some Lortab I had left over from a car accident last year with my migraine medicine and they said I could. So, I took some of that and that knocked me out about a half hour later. However, I woke up at 2 this morning with my still hurting (although not as bad) and wide awake. I never could get back to sleep. I tried everything. Too bad we didn't have any Benadryl. I didn't go into work today because my head still hurt a little and I was so tired!! Not a fun night at all!

For some good news, grades came back and I got all A's. Yippee for me!!

6 comments:

~brynn~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~brynn~ said...

:( I'm sorry T! that's no fun at all.

but congrats on your 4.0, dad keeps bragging about it.

and what happens in vegas, STAYS in vegas... ;)

The Meade's said...

LOL Rain? all I have to say is one word......... ENGLAND!!!
Take care

Britney said...

congratulations on your all a's!

Celeste said...

Woohoo on the A's!!

I was down and out with a migraine on Monday. Sucked. I'm working on some hormone stuff to hopefully stop them. Only got one this month, which is amazing for me.

Hey, Tona, how about some feverfew? ;)

Carl said...

I know this response is a few weeks late, but now that I have a test tomorrow my procrastination has caused me to do some research... From my information, (which happens to be from the Leicester Park and Ride Environmental Statement), Leicester, England has an average rainfall of 640 mm (for you US people, about 25.2 inches).

Compared to Utah, that's a lot! Provo gets about 13.9 inches, Delta 7.2, Salt Lake City 15.6, Moab 8.0, Wendover 4.87...

Now, from my lovely neck of the woods... My sources (Wikipedia included) say that Cincinnati has an annual rainfall of about 40-41 inches...

Ha ha ha... Actually, some parts of England destroys us in rainfall. The Lake District (The northern, wettest part of England) gets upwards of 2000 mm--nearly 80 inches! (Which happens to be the same as our lovely Smokey Mountains 4 hours from our house)...

Well, I've wasted enough time from studying... I guess it's back to the books for me!