Sunday, March 30, 2008

New Washer and Calling

We bought a washer yesterday! Yippee!! See, Colleen (my mother-in-law), was buying her a new washer and dryer and was going to give us her old ones. Up until now, we've been going over to her house and doing all of our laundry. Well, after they put new tile in her laundry room, they moved the old washer and dryer in (the new ones hadn't come in it) and the washer leaked everywhere. It's an older one and we decided it would be better to just buy a new one than try to fix this one and have it break again in a few months. So, last night, we bought a brand new Maytag washer with a stainless steel tub. We're still getting the dryer from Colleen and will use it until it dies. But I'm excited to finally have a washer and dryer in my house. It'll be wierd...I don't know what we'll do with our Saturday afternoons!

Well, church has come up with something for me to do. I was in as la lider de economica domestica (I think that's what it is!). In English, it's the Enrichment Night Leader. Scary! Luckily, the counselor I'll be working with speaks both English and Spanish, whcih I need. However, I have no idea how to go about it. I don't have ideas for enrichment nights! Help, please! If you have any ideas, or just your favorite enrichment nights, or things your ward has done in the past, please, give them to me!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

You're totally moving up in the world. A new washer? I'm jealous! All of ours have been hand-me-downs. You'll absolutely love having a washer and dryer at your house.

Congrats on the new calling. Unfortunately, I don't go to many Enrichment nights. but the ones I have been to have been fun...

Getting to Know you Night: Sisters have to rotate around to different tables and at each table is a question they have to answer. (And also yummy food!)

Yoga or Exercise Night
Recipe Exchange

And that's about all I can think of, but I'll fill you in on any other fun ones.

By the way, I tried to email you pictures, but it said your hotmail inbox was too full. So delete all those old messages and I'll send you some!

Anonymous said...

Why Spanish??

Carl said...

Oh, I guess we never clarified that I got a calling in the Spanish Branch as the ward clerk (well, branch clerk). Now we are members of a Spanish branch!

Katie Salmond said...

For Enrichment night
-Service auction
-Wise women (select a women to share knowledge about somehting they have a speciality in)
-Service, humatarian aide
-In July, Patriotic, have members bring pictures of family members in the service and share their stories
-A book club