Saturday, March 29, 2008

Snow and Ice Days!

Well, Tiona has been bugging me for over a month to post our pictures of the ice storm we had in February and also of the snow storm we had a month ago.

I know many of you might not know what an ice storm is, so I will attempt to explain it. These storms are some of the neatest things you will ever see--if you don't have to drive. These are "rain" storms, but right as the rain hits the ground it turns to ice (sometimes it is actually ice-drops instead of rain drops, it sounds neat when it hits your windshield). These storms coat everything with a layer of ice. This was a fairly mild storm from what I have heard. As you can see in the pictures, it is just beautiful. I was sad that I didn't get a good picture of an entire tree, but they just looked magical. If you want to see what trees look like from a distance, go watch "A Christmas Story." At the very end, when Ralphie wakes up on Christmas morning, he looks out the window and says "Wow..." The view they show is just after an ice storm.

The other fun storm we had was about 3 weeks ago. It just snowed and snowed and left at least a foot (I know, Utah had a bigger storm this winter. Don't rub it in!). Since my parents live on a nice big hill, we decided to go sledding. We pulled out our snow tube and saucer and had a blast. The pictures we took were a lot of fun! We spent about 3 hours playing in the snow. I felt like a little kid again. We also saw a SUV stuck in the snow, so we went and got my parents Jeep and pulled them out. On the way back, we passed a huge Dodge pickup stuck in the snow, so we pulled them out too. It was fun.

Well, I hope this post made Tiona happy since I finally posted these pictures!

Enjoy!























2 comments:

Michelle said...

I don't know if I missed it or a mystery, but where is your link to see the pictures of the ice storm?

Carl said...

I don't know what you are talking about, they are there! (I had hit "publish post" before I put the pictures on, so I guess you looked at the post while I was adding pictures!)