Monday, March 24, 2008

Best Trained Doctor

So, I have to pass off giving shots tomorrow. Not on a real person, thank goodness. We've just been practicing on oranges. I think it's funny...the first time we actually give a shot on a person, is when it's a patient in the hospital! Luckily, my nursing instructor will be right there next to me, but still...pray for my patient!

But, honestly, I don't think it'll be that bad. What's hard is getting the right amount of medication into the syringe. I always get air bubbles in it, which is a no-no.

Anyways, the story I was going to tell. So, I was at the kitchen table, practicing my shots on an orange. (this poor orange is so full of holes!) And here comes Carl, who can't resist. He has to start playing with all my syringes and needles and fake medication. So, I had to sit there and show Carl the right way to give shots. I told him he is going to be the best trained doctor on shots! He had to sit there for about 20 minutes, playing with everything and giving shots to my orange. It was really funny.

So, as you can see, I've decided to start a blog. Hopefully, I'll keep it up and post pictures and all that fun stuff so everybody who no longer lives by me can see what's going on with Carl and I. Hopefully. We'll see how it goes!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are lucky you get to practice on an orange. The first shot I gave was to myself (a saline shot in the stomach) then we(students) practiced on each other. Don't feel to bad about that orange. By the time I passed off meds, I felt like a colander. Good luck!

Amber said...

I hate being the person getting a shot, let alone having to dish that pain out onto a poor, innocent soul! Good luck sticking your real patient! Welcome to the blogging community!

Michelle said...

I am excited that you have started a blog. We started one back last summer. The link to our blog is:

michelle-therichardsfamily.blogspot.com/

We welcome you to it.

celeste said...

Giving a shot to yourself? I don't think I could do it. That poor orange....

Glad you got a blog! And look, you already got more comments then I did on my blog!

Alright, gotta go. David just decked Noah with a hard toy. I heard the impact.

(Oh, brother...I have to verify? If anyone else in this family decides to start a blog....WORDPRESS, baby, WORDPRESS)

(I can't for the life of me remember my google login. I know I have one, because Becky uses the same thing...shoot...)

(HA! There!! I figured it out. Only took 10 minutes.)

Carl said...

Celeste, there is a reason we have you verify. I have seen spam posted here, so I hope that stops it! Sorry for the inconvenience.

celeste said...

Yes, but Carl....Wordpress makes the owner of the blog verify by okaying every post. Thereby making it easier on ME! See? It's all about me....

Carl said...

I know it's all about you, but for me I don't want to okay every post, so I turned off the moderation by me. I expect Tiona's blog to be so popular that we just won't have time to do that... See, now it's all about me! :)