Thursday, April 17, 2008

Best Husband Ever

I have the best husband ever. I'm sure most wives feel this way, but I really feel like I got the cream of the crop.

On Monday, I really wasn't having the best day. I've been very stressed out lately and overwhelmed with school and work and everything else. I called Carl on my lunch break and complained to him, basically bawling on the phone to him. (Not bawling, but there was some tears.) So, I go home that night, and the house is completely cleaned. (well, except for our spare bedroom. But that needs a full days work!) The laundry was done, the dishes were done, the place was vacuumed. He had gone to the store, cooked dinner, and had a candlelight dinner waiting for me. Even better, he started on it before I called him. Isn't he the best? Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve somebody like him...

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Are you sure he wasn't trying to get brownie points with you? Just kidding. It is nice when husbands do sweet unexpected things for us when we are having the worst day.

I know that Ken has done some nice things for me when least expected. Those Richards boys sure know how to treat their woman right.

I hope that things are going better for you with school, work and life.

Reading Family said...

Wow! Can you have your husband teach mine a few tricks? Mike really does do things that helps out at times. But those Richard boys are good too, but that is only because they are related to the coolest cousin! Good luck with school, finals, and life!

Amber said...

Husbands are the greatest, aren't they? I'm so glad you found someone who treats you like the queen you are. Tell Carl thanks for keeping such good care of you! Good luck with life, sis!

Anngie said...

Hi Tiona, this is Anngie your cousin:) I saw your name on Ambers blog. I think your husband needs to give my husband some lessons ASAP:) So how is life?? I havn't seen you in forever??

Carl said...

I have to say something to all you women folk out there for all of my fellow men in this world.

This isn't a common occurrence in our house, so don't expect your husbands to have dinner cooked and candles and all this hoo-ha every night. It has taken Tiona all eight years of knowing me just to convince me to do it once!!! :)

However, having said that, she was floating in the clouds for over a week because I made spaghetti! I guess I did something right!

The Meade's said...

lol, Leave it to Carl to point out the truth.. Next time just let us all think you made a meal for life!! I am sure that is what it meant to Tiona so let us all think it as well!!!! lol (c:
Also keep it up, it really makes the stresses of life disappear when we get little surprises in life!

Katy said...

Tiona! Its me, Whaq! Do me a favor and keep on posting so I have some what of a clue as to what the heck is going on in your life! Miss you!