Saturday, December 20, 2008

Thanksgiving Finally

Well, I decided to finally tell you about Thanksgiving. We had Thanksgiving at Colleen and Arlyn's house. This year, our good friends Dustin and Merideth joined us. It was a full house with them and Ken and Michelle here as well. Dustin brought over his X-box and his flat-screen computer monitor, we brought over our X-box and TV, and we had fun playing Halo and Guitar Hero all day long. The food was good, with yummy turkey and ham, rolls, salads, and much more. For dessert, we had a dessert for every person. We had Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Cheesecake, Caramel brownies, Pumpkin cake, chocolate chip cookies, apple pie with ice cream and that's all I can think of. We were eating dessert for days! I made my first ever pumpkin pie. Even the crust was from scratch. Here's a picture, I was proud:

It was a good break from school and we enjoyed having Ken and Michelle and their two kids here. For the first time ever, I went out on Black Friday, stood in lines, and braved the madness. It was a good, relaxing weekend with lots of yummy food!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiona! Isn't this time of year just the best? I hope you two have an awesome Christmas! :)

Alyssa said...

Congratulations on your pie! It looks scrumptious! I am very, very proud of you :)