Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's about time!

Yes, I know. I've been a failure. You have all anxiously been checking my blog waiting for one of us to update and we've both failed you. I'll just give you a quick update and then hopefully we'll do better.

Let's see...My last day at the bank was last Friday. I couldn't get my 20 hours in with school, so had to leave. And to tell you the truth, I was relieved. I was getting sick of working at the bank. I enjoyed the people I worked with, but was getting frustrated with the work.

I have another job lined up. I'll be teaching ACT prep classes for Kaplan. It'll only be a couple of nights a week and maybe some tutoring during the day. It'll be much more flexible with school and I won't ever have to decide between school and work, which I had to do sometimes with the bank.

The only crappy thing was that I had to retake the ACT. ACK! I did that this morning and managed to pull off a 28. The math about killed me. I don't remember any geometry.

Carl started school on Monday. He's already had two quizzes and had to study lots. Today, I took a nap while he studied for about 3 hours. Not fun at all! He's not doing research on a daily basis, but just doing a little bit here and there.

In big family news, Shanda and Jared finally welcomed baby Eli. He's almost a month old, so this is a little belated, but welcome baby Eli!

Also, my favoritist cousin, Aislinn, came home from her mission on Monday. I missed her while she was gone and am so excited she's home. Welcome home Aislinn!

No comments: