Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sad news

School started yesterday. Ugh. I was kind of excited for it, at least excited to have some structure in my life and to be doing something. I think it's going to be harder semester for a couple reasons. It's harder material and I'm doing it faster (8 weeks instead of 16), which means longer classes and more studying. They adopted a +/- system for grades, so to get an "A", I have to get a 96% instead of a 92%. We'll see how that goes...

Carl's been back in school for a while now. He's in the hospital and does rotations, were he is in different sections of the hospital for a little bit at a time. So far, he's done radiology, ER, Neurology, and is in Psych for another month.

In other sad news, I found out last Friday that the gym where I work at is closing at the end of September. Not enough money coming in. With the economy, a gym membership is one thing people are cutting out. I'm frustrated with it. It took me so long to find a job and I finally found one that will work with my school schedule and let me do homework/blog/read when it's slow. This job was perfect for my schedule. And now I'm back on the job market. Ah-well. If you hear of anything let me know!

And now I have to go study about kidney problems. Joy.

3 comments:

Britney said...

Aww! That sucks that you'll have to find another job. I know how hard you looked for the right job! I've been there, and I feel your pain.

~brynn~ said...

:( awwww T, i'm sorry! that's terrible!

hopefully something will come up!

Shae Mickey said...

Hope things are going well for you guys! We got a new blog due to my facebook getting hacked. Here is the link. thecuteshortcouple.blogspot.com