Saturday, April 18, 2009

December 2010

My experience with school has been frustrating. Not that I don't enjoy it, I do. I love learning about how to be a nurse. What's been frustrating is that I am not set to graduate until May of 2011.

When I transferred to NKU, I was put behind. A lot. I came with 3 years of school and was told it would take me 4 years to get my degree. All of my credits transferred. The reason was that their program is a 4 year program and I wasn't allowed to combine semesters or take anything out of order. This left me with filling up my time with pointless classes so I could still be full time.

This semester, my advisor suggested something that might work. I was to write a letter petitioned the Admission Committe and ask to graduate a semester early, by combining two semesters into one. I wrote my letter, explaining that I have a good GPA, all of my generals are done, and I would love to graduate early.

This week, I found out that I was approved! While graduating just one semester early doesn't seem like a big deal, it'll be incredibly to be working as a nurse 6 months sooner and earning some money instead of paying it out.

I am very excited and even thought it'll be a lot of work, I am thrilled to be able to do this. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

celeste said...

Good luck!! That's awesome!

Tessa said...

Congrats! That is great news!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.