Friday, January 16, 2009

Heartwarming Stories

I got an email yesterday telling me that the nursing department didn't have my health information and I needed to get it turned in so I could continue with the program.

What?! You mean you lost all of my health information? My CPR card? My physical exam? My proof of insurance? My proof of vaccines? How could you? I watched you file everything in July!

I got handed a new packet this morning and was told I had to have everything turned in by Feb. 1. Umm....Excuse me. 2 weeks? It took me 2 weeks last time just to track down where all of my vaccines were at. Another 2 weeks to get everything faxed to the right place. (This is what happens when doctors close their offices and you switch offices multiple times.)

After class, I went to the nursing office and demanded an answer. How could they lose such precious paperwork? They assured me that they looked everywhere for it yesterday, all through the R's. I asked if they could please check one more time, because I know they had it, because I turned it in.

After just a few moments of searching, they found it. Phew! The staple in it had gotten stuck to the staple of the paperwork in front of it, (?!) so it all looked like one big bundle.

I'm just glad they found it. I did not want to have through all of that again.


In other heartwarming news, the radio this morning said it was -4 degrees, but it felt like -21. Geez, that's just what I wanted to know. Right now, residency in Florida sounds awfully nice...


P.S. Is heartwarming one word or two? I'm too lazy to look it up.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I know how you feel here the weather has been crazy. Our house is freezing cold. We have been having temperatures of -20 or so. I told Ken it is times like this where it would be nice living in the south.

Alyssa said...

Yes, every morning when I watch the weather I get a little shiver for the rest of the country. Then go outside and enjoy our mid-40 degree weather :)